Skip to main content

LWUIT AND MYSQL..

4 replies [Last post]
amuche

Please is it posible to use lwuit for creating ma UI's and then use MYSQL for ma backend???
i min is it posible to feed in data using MYSQL into controls such as textareas, label,texfields,etc
if so, HOW IS IT DONE?

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
jkoorts

using data received and parsed you could update the controls yes. I think you can assign an 'id' to each control and then search for that control. Else keep a reference to the controls. from your business thread you then update all your forms by referencing the controls by 'id' or reference variable

amuche

thanks again jkoorts..u min if i hav my databases in mysql already, and i need feed in data to these textboxes,
i can reference them using their ID's so as to get and parse data into them..same concept for writing data into database right?
if u stil in any way fink that i dnt get it right..u cud help me fix in d missing part! thanks!!

jkoorts

I'll create a sample for your splash as soon as I get my computer sorted. will also then show how to update the contents of a control from the business thread.

amuche

THANKS A ZILLION jkoorts!!! you JUST wud not understand how much of assistance that wud mean to me!!
Plis can I get it max in three days from now???