Skip to main content

HTML Component Facebook Login issue! Help!

7 replies [Last post]
ramdante

Hello,

I am using the latest Lwuit build which I compiled using the files found in the svn repository..And have set up a custom class which opens up a html component with the facebook auth page..
The fb auth link I use is : http://graph.facebook.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=XXXXXX&redirect_uri=...
I have earlier implemented facebook around 2 months back and it used to work flawlessly and got the access token..But now When I try logging in with a new user account the REQUEST PERMISSIONS page opens up and there When i click "ALLOW" it redirects back to the login page instead of the redirect uri page with the access token!

I ve tried with every earlier builds of LWUIT and Http Request handlers, still no use I am not able to authorize a new user past the request permissions page...
Help me guys!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
beastly79

ramdante wrote:

Hello,

I am using the latest Lwuit build which I compiled using the files found in the svn repository..And have set up a custom class which opens up a html component with the facebook auth page..

The fb auth link I use is : http://graph.facebook.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=XXXXXX&redirect_uri=...

I have earlier implemented facebook around 2 months back and it used to work flawlessly and got the access token..But now When I try logging in with a new user account the REQUEST PERMISSIONS page opens up and there When i click "ALLOW" it redirects back to the login page instead of the redirect uri page with the access token!

I ve tried with every earlier builds of LWUIT and Http Request handlers, still no use I am not able to authorize a new user past the request permissions page...
Help me guys!

vprise

As far as I know facebook made changes to their server certificate chain which cause problems for most J2ME implementations.

ramdante

thanks for replying vprise! Is there any other way by which we could implement fb login on j2me??

vprise

Yes but it will only work on some devices and doesn't work on most/all simulators. Chen is working on this code and might commit it soon.

ramdante

thanks for replying vprise! Is there any other way by which we could implement fb login on j2me??

lilin1lilin

hi,

do u find a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

ramdante

Nope..I dropped using Lwuit for facebook integration..And started using a backend server!