Skip to main content

How to increase Kinetic list scrolling speed

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
5 replies [Last post]
bjcoredev

Hi

Is there a way to programatically increase kinetic scrolling speed in list

PS:Im using the last Lwuit SVN

Thx

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

We try to scroll as fast as reasonably possible, generally its important to keep the renderer very fast.

If the scroll demo in the LWUIT demo code scrolls fast enough to your liking (and faster than your code) then you just need to optimize your renderer code to recycle and cache objects.

There is currently no argument to tune the speed of the scrolling, I'm not sure what sort of tuning you would need though.

bjcoredev

Hi vprise

It's very hard to explain my problem

I dont' want to increase the kinetic scrolling speed but the "sensibility" of the start of scroll

I have changed the two followings methods in LWUITImplementation. java

public int getDragPathLength(){
//return 10;
return 20;
}

public int getDragPathTime(){
//return 200
return 400;
}

it seems to resolve my problem but im not sure to do the right way

Thx

bjcoredev

vprise

I'll talk with Chen about exposing these to mutation although these seem like senisitive values. Is there a specific device where you are seeing major improvement with these values?

bjcoredev

This modification gives me satisfaction with a Symbian Nokia97 but has noffect with a Blackberry Torch (I am using the Standard Implementation, not the Thorsen one)

Am i doing the right way ?

It 's seems there is a side effect (Item list selection sometimes freezes) when the swipe is activated in the Tabs

vprise

Its hard for me to gauge this issue since I don't quite understand the problem. Keep in mind that N97 and the like will always suck in comparison to "proper" devices since they feature a resistive screen that just doesn't send us the proper/accurate events. The torch despite its faults has a decent capcitive screen so scrolling on the torch will work properly as it would on almost all Android devices.