Skip to main content

how to get screen size and how to implement that components

3 replies [Last post]
anoopc.bis

Hai,

I"m beginner in LWUIT J2ME application. i have one menu contains buttons with imageicon(it have large width). I tested with different emulators, the image icon is not coming in proper fit. Using Qwerty it's coming fine. So help me please how to implement correctly in any emulator in j2me.

Regards

Anoop

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

I'm not sure what the problem is from your description. I suggest you try using Multi-images to resolve it.

Take a look at the current demos within the LWUIT distribution to see how we solved various problems such as this.

Also please follow the many tutorials at our blog at lwuit.com

anoopc.bis

Hai,

Thanks for ur reply. Just verify the screenshot that i attahed. I think this time u could help me. Image resizing in j2me using LWUIT1.5.

Regards

Anoop

vprise

This doesn't seem related to qwerty... Just a specific screen size/DPI combo.

You need to make use of design elements such as image borders to produce such effects, these allow the background to "grow" to match different sized devices. You can use multi-image's for icons as well.

I'm guessing you just set a background image to the button which would obviously result in this, just use a 9 piece border. You can use the resource editor border wizard and see the help text that is in that same screen.