Skip to main content

How to called the GUI form into Ok button

3 replies [Last post]
sahoorashmita

Hello All,

I am creating an application that have an form and an ok button in Netbeans(Doing coding to create not through GUI of Latest Theme Editor) . I put some validation when ok is clicked after that i want to display a form that was designed in GUI of Latest Theme Resource Editor of LWUIT1.4. How it is possible to called the form into my ok button or ok command. If it is possible then send me the code or sample as soon as earlier.

Advance thank you and sorry for my english.

Rashmita Sahoo

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

The latest resource editors output will only work with the latest SVN sources both of which are NOT 1.4 (they are much newer).

You can show a GUI builder designed form by creating an instance of the UIBuilder class and using the createContainer() method to create a container (form is a subclass of container) then downcast the resulting container to Form and use the show() method as usual. e.g.:

</p>
<p>Form f = (Form)new UIBuilder().createContainer("FormName", resFile);</p>
<p>f.show();</p>
<p>

sahoorashmita

Thanks for your reply. But i can't get it that what is the FormName and what is resFile you will taken in the createContainer as argument. How can I used Form or call the form(that i was designed in Latest Resource Editor) into coding of ok button of actionevent of my first form. First Form created through code not through GUI.

please send me proper example as soon as earlier.

Advance Thank you and sorry for my english

vprise

Res file is the resource file where you created your GUI (the .res file you saved with the resource editor) form name is the name you gave that particular GUI element.

Use the generate netbeans project option and just review the generate code in the debugger.