Skip to main content

got preverifying class error on

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
5 replies [Last post]
bhakki

Currently i'm working on MacBook Pro notebook. I have installed netbeans 7.0 and taken the update for LWUIT. I got the following error when i build the LWUITDemo application from current repository.

Error preverifying class com.sun.lwuit.uidemo.AnimationDemo$

java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/lwuit/Label

Netbeans 7.0 having the Java(TM) Platform Micro Edition SDK 3.0 toolkit. What is that issue?

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

Ever since Netbeans 6.1 the IDE seems to have been regressing when it comes to mobile development. 6.9 has a bug where you specifically select not to package a jar and it packages it anyway.

7.0 seems worse.

SDK 3.0 is problematic and always has been, it includes its own outdated version of LWUIT which might be interfearing. When I owned a Mac I ended up just using Parallels for all development since the Java environment on the Mac is mediocre at best (for SE development as well).

bhakki

I tested same functionality in windows PC. Here also i got an issue. I'm using netbeans 6.5. Same preverifying error will be occurred. I used current repository LWUITDemo code and also using current repository UI project.

vprise

You generally get this error when compiling and preverifying against stale data, its very hard to understand why this would happen.

I usually delete all the build/dist directories and review local changes I made to the project. I'm not exactly sure how I can help you beyond that?

bhakki

Current version(Ref no 1490) of LWUITDemo is working fine. But its having some bugs. Select and Cancel command didn't working after open the Menu. Also IOException throws when we select the chinese language. Exception as follows,

java.io.IOException: /LWUITtheme.res not found
at com.sun.lwuit.util.Resources.open(Resources.java:544)
at com.sun.lwuit.uidemo.UIDemoMain.actionPerformed(UIDemoMain.java:305)

vprise

Thanks, Chen fixed this in SVN.

He wrote an email reply but as usual for mailinglist/forum bridge isn't working...