Skip to main content

Fast S60 - LWUIT is slow

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
2 replies [Last post]

getting very slow performance on a form going between textfields - any tips? this device has handled my intensive apps very quickly many times

Interestnigly between other gui components its fast, only between textfields is it slow

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

Are you using bitmap fonts or image borders?

S60 is remarkably slow with trasparent/translucent images. Bitmap fonts are effectively such images & 9 piece image borders may also be comprised of such images.

When using image borders we suggest making pieces as large as feasable to prevent repeated image drawing which is also pretty slow.

im not using any borders, but i am using bitmap fonts a lot, basically all my text is bitmap fonts and my forms are pretty huge - thanks for the tip i will experiment with normal fonts and report back! Shame because the bitmap fonts look awesome!!