Skip to main content

Fast double touch on TextField raises NullPointerException on BlackBerryImplementation

5 replies [Last post]
ajochems

If i place a TextField on a form and do a fast double Touch click on that TextField a NullPointerException is raised. It only appears when a touch event happens and not with the trackball. If there is sufficient time between the two touch events no error appears so only with a fast 'Double-Click' action. It is not necesary that a double click action is needed but the entire MIDlet errors and closes so if a user accidentally does a double click the application gets killed. The stack trace is below and the error is raised because lightweightEdit is null.

Regards,

Andre

---

Thread [RedlineMZKBlackberry(289)id=295702528] (Suspended (exception NullPointerException))

BlackBerryImplementation$1$LightweightEdit.run() line: 223

MIDletMain.dispatchInvokeLater(Runnable, Object, int) line: 1023

MIDletMain(Application).doProcessNextMessage(Message) line: 2205

MIDletMain(Application).processNextMessage(Message) line: 1639

MIDletMain(Application).enterEventDispatcher() line: 1452

MIDletMain.main(String[]) line: 188

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

Thanks for the stack trace. It seems to have been produced against a version older than the current SVN, can you reproduce this issue against the current SVN and provide an updated stack trace?

Thaks.

ajochems

I now am at revision 1604 for the RIM Port and the error still occurs, the current stacktrace is:

Thread [RedlineMZKBlackberry(286)id=379279360] (Suspended (exception NullPointerException))

BlackBerryImplementation$1$LightweightEdit.run() line: 218

MIDletMain.dispatchInvokeLater(Runnable, Object, int) line: 1023

MIDletMain(Application).doProcessNextMessage(Message) line: 2410

MIDletMain(Application).processNextMessage(Message, boolean) line: 1841

MIDletMain(Application).enterEventDispatcher() line: 1627

MIDletMain.main(String[]) line: 188

vprise

Thanks, I just committed a fix for this to SVN.

ajochems

Thank you for the fast fix! There is a small issue now with the compilation of BlackBerryImplementation. On line 258 you need to rename t because it now is a duplicate variable, i changed the line to: "} catch (Throwable t1) { " and now the file compiles. The error is solved with this fix.

Regards,

Andre

vprise

Thanks, since switching back to a Mac I can't compile it without going into a Windows VM which is a pain... I committed a fix.