Skip to main content

Error: Platform home (platform.home property) is not set

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
2 replies [Last post]
binyaz

I am new to Java and also to lwuit.

I downloaded NetBeans IDE 7.0.1 and then lwuit resource editor 1.5 build 1587. I designed the interface in resource editor and generate NetBeans project but when i want to run the project (desktop, MIDP or RIM) i get this error:

Platform home (platform.home property) is not set. Value of this property should be Sun Java(TM) Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2 for CLDC emulator home directory location.

I downloaded and installed Wireless Toolkit 2.5.2 but it did not solve the problem. I also set an emulator for the project but steel i get that error.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

Right click the netbeans project and select propeties. Select the platform node and configure the simulator instance.

vimald

The below error is due to Blackbbery simulator reference missing in the project.

<strong>Platform home (platform.home property) is not set </strong>

Download the Blackberry OS 4.2.1 and 4.7.0 simulators, install them then resolve your project's simulator referencing by pointing to these newly installed simulator locations.