Skip to main content

Editing a font in the Resource Editor changes it to a default one

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
9 replies [Last post]
gavdian

Hi everyone,
I'm using the latest version of the Resource Editor (http://lwuit.blogspot.com/p/installing-latest-and-greatest-resource.html).
The problem is when I edit any of the fonts I have already created with a previous Resource Editor version the selected font changes to a default one.
The result is that when I add a new character to the charset of each already created font, all of them change to the same one (it is like a default font). This change is not visible when using the Resource Editor. I mean the visualisation of the fonts on the left panel of the tool does not change. So it seems like everything is working fine. However, when I run my MIDlet all the various fonts seem exactly the same!!
Is this a bug? Is there a way to add extra characters to my charsets without the font being automatically changed? Any help is appreciated!
Thank you

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

There was a bug in the preview mode when using bitmap fonts that aren't lookup fonts as well. I resolved it in the latest binary version.

gavdian

Where can I find the latest binary version?

vprise
gavdian

Hi again,

I'm adding some new characters to the bitmap charset. Now the preview works fine in the Resource Editor Tool. It does not change to a default one.

However, when I use the new res file in my project and run it, all the fonts displayed on the emulator are the same.

So, practically all the fonts are again changed to a default one but this not visible on the preview panel in the Resource Editor tool.

Thanks for your assistance!

vprise

Ugh. I'll fix it in my next resource editor commit.

You will just need to resave the file with the updated resource editor and it will fix that problem. Thanks.

gavdian

Thanks for your reply :)

Just a last question though.

When about will the new version of the Resource Editor be released?

Is there the possibility to get informed as soon as it becomes available? How? Downloading the jnlp file and testing it everyday is not the more practical solution I guess.

vprise

You can subscribe to the SVN commit mailing list which echos every commit including commits of the binary resource editor jar's. The version should have already been committed on the 9th as far as I can tell.

gavdian

Hi,

I still face problems in editing some already created fonts. I need to add some extra characters to a charset of a specific font. I add the extra characters. I press save from the File menu. I click on the (x) exit button of the application. A pop up window is displayed informing that "File was modified, do you want to exit without saving?" This is a bug as I already have saved the file after I commited my changes. Then I select the "Save as" option from the File menu and I click the (x) button of the window again. The application closes. I relaunch the Resource Editor from the LWUIT blog website and I open the file where I saved my last changes. Unfortunately my changes are not there!

Any assistance on this issue would be appreciated!

vprise

I can't reproduce this issue in the version from webstart or my local version. Do you see any exceptions in the console?

If not please verify you are using the very latest version then provide a more detailed way to reproduce e.g. specific res file, specific character added and even a video would help in reproducing this. Thanks.