Skip to main content

Blackberry Touch behaviour issue with LWUIT current version (Rev: 1597)

3 replies [Last post]
bhakki

I have use the current LWUIT (Rev: 1597) UI_RIM.jar for developing blackberry application. But Im facing touch behaviour issue. It always focused 1st component. For example, In the Form, I have TextField and Button. If I pressing the Button means It always focused into TextField and then VKB open on the screen. What is this issue? I have tested lot of screen. But same issue will be occur. I have use Blackberry 4.7 SDK.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

We now require blackberry SDK 5 or newer for the touch devices. Make sure you are using the NewOS or NewOSSigned Jar's/targets.

bhakki

Ok. Im using blackberry 4.7 sdk. Its working fine when i have use LWUIT 1.5 NewOS. But I have one doubt. Im using TextArea on my existing blackberry applications. Now im upgrate old version to new version. Now its showing 2 letters in a single button. How to change the input mode on VKB? I need single letter on single button.

vprise

We suggest you use JDE 5, 4.7 is no longer used by anyone.

You see the 2 letter VKB in landscape in OS 4.7, when rotating the device you will see the full VKB. I think BB has an option in the OS to switch to the full VKB in portrait as well but I'm not sure about that.