Skip to main content

android & some problems

6 replies [Last post]
lwuit_hero2

I have Three probelms

First setRolloverIcon() not work in android!!

rollover not work in list also !!

Whether my touch device or emulator

I work with HTC Desired

second

about video in android how I can Integration it with lwuit?

Finally

In text area They are some white light above & under bounded
when I just scroll text

what the Solution؟

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
thorsten_s

Regarding the rollover icon and list I would assume that your android build might not have the proper files. The rollover code is really not implementation specific.
Also, there were some changes in SVN recently and you might want to check out the LWUIT code again.

Video component stuff is currently not implemented. But you could create a Android video thingy and wrap it into a LWUIT PeerComponent. Just make sure you do the LWUIT stuff on the EDT and the Android UI stuff on the Android UI thread! This is important.
It is a new feature so be prepared to run into issues. Have a look at the AndroidImplementation sources to see how it works.

/**
     * wrapper component that capsules a native view object in a LWUIT component. this
     * involves A LOT of back and forth between the LWUIT EDT and the Android UI thread.
     * To use it you would:
     * 1) create your native Android view(s). Make sure to work on the Android UI thread when constructing
     *    and modifying them.
     * 2) create a LWUIT peer component (on EDT) by calling:
     *         com.sun.lwuit.PeerComponent.create(myAndroidView);
     */

I don't understand the text stuff. Maybe you can post a screenshot or video or testcase?

lwuit_hero2

Thanx for replay thorsten_s
about first thing I try many svn but still setrollover() not work..
If they are any function I do it with here in touch?
also what the suitable alternative for this method?

about second
can you give me small example about native android video view with PeerComponent()? I put my files in raw folder

Finally

& about last thing the problem is solved by last svn :)

lwuit_hero2

any help my friends?

ravnos

I've just tried porting a java me project to android and faced the same setRolloverIcon problem, and there is also a problem with the menu in a specific screen, I'm not sure if it is related to the list it has. The basic UI elements work fine.
About the setRolloverIcon problem, I am using a grid layout and it seems like once the button focus flag is set it is never unset. Repainting the parent has no effect and manually setting hasFocus() to false does not work either ...

ravnos

Just an update, I have updated the latest svn and rebuit all deps from my project and setRolloverIcon is working, I did not removed all the stuff suggested by thorsten in the readme, so I am not sure if the problem was related to my setup or if I removed more things than I should.

lwuit_hero 2, you may try rebuilding the dependencies of your project without removing all the stuff suggested in the readme file, then you may remove any incompatible class latter to see if it has any effect in the setRolloverIcon method.

Btw, my second problem persists...

thorsten_s

For current SVN versions of LWUIT you no longer need to remove any classes, other than the ImplementationFactory which is replaced by the one from the implementation for Android.

Regarding the focus issues: the implementation (probably) has nothing to do with focus handling, so I would assume the same thing happens on comparable MIDP devices with touchscreen. It would help most if you could post a test snippet for a compilable class so one can try to reproduce the issue.