Skip to main content

alarming size of app...

4 replies [Last post]
amuche

my litel test app is 737k. i noticed that the size of the lwuit jar file for lwuit 1.5 is 731k which mins dat ma test app may probably be just 6k!. is der any

way i can dploy ma app wiothout d lwuit jar file included? or is der a beta way to dploy this app with a totaly cumpresed size?

dunno if any1 can help out der! seriously cant cope with this size!!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
gt8887b

You can enable proguard obfuscator. It not only obfuscates your code, but also performs some optimizations and removes unused classes. This will reduce the size of your application substantially.

amuche

total project size became 8.32mb buh the jar file stil remains 737kb..tried installing on ma samsung phone

and a nokia expres music.got error of "jar file above max. size on the samsung and

not enough memory on d nokia. 737kb for the jar file is stil a large size. cant do without lwuit for nw

buh nid to compres the size much further.

gt8887b

Are you using some custom obfuscator options? This is really weird that a small sample project would be this large. Are you using some other libraries in addition to LWUIT?

amuche

NO!! no library at al!!..but wat r d steps involved in killing this amazing size of app? cos it realy matters

to me that ma app be reduced drastically?