Skip to main content

Starting BD-J dev

Please note these forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at
1 reply [Last post]

Hello -

I would like to get started in BD-J development. I tried to follow the directions here and could not get the demo app to play, so i tried other resources including the hardcover book itself. At first, I did not have any success compiling a demo app until I have closely observed the steps taken by Chihiro in this video,

and after following the same steps (with updated sources), have been able to compile the HDCookBook image: 2008_03_hdcookbook_disc_image_no_jar_bdjo

I burned the application on a disc and it works on PS3. However, when I play the application in Cyberlink PowerDVD, only the video plays and the menu does not appear.

So far I have been unable to obtain the players from Arcsoft or Corel, it seems that their contact information posted here is incorrect:

1) what could cause the demo app's menu to not appear in Cyberlnk PowerDVD on my PC?

2) how can I obtain the compatible test players from Arcsoft or Corel?

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I'm in discussion with Corel to see if we can get an updated contact for WinDVD.