Skip to main content

Picture in Picture JAVA code

3 replies [Last post]
mochilete

Hi!

I´m a blu-ray interactive application developer, and im doing an application that needs to play two videos simultaneously (picture in picture). I have look for any examples about this issue but i have found nothing. I need any examples that implements this kind of funcionality. Anybody can help me?

Sorry for my english. I dont dominate it very much.

Thank you very much

Regards

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Joe Rice Guest

Hi Regars,

For picture-in-picture, the video content is prepared in authoring the HDMV, and the BD-J can control turning the video on or off and set it fullscreen (if PiP is SD).

All positioning and scaling is configured in authoring the HDMV disc layout - there's not a lot of control from BD-J.

The javadocs for org.bluray.media.PiPControl have a pretty good introduction.

What authoring tool are you using to prepare the disc content?

Joe

On Nov 17, 2011, at 5:25 AM, forums@java.net wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I´m a blu-ray interactive application developer, and im doing an application
> that needs to play two videos simultaneously (picture in picture). I have
> look for any examples about this issue but i have found nothing. I need any
> examples that implements this kind of funcionality. Anybody can help me?
>
> Sorry for my english. I dont dominate it very much.
>
> Thank you very muck
>
> Regars
>
>

mochilete

Hi Joe

First, thank you for aswering me. I´m using AVS Video Converter to generate the structure of Blu-ray disc. This program creates the basic structure of blu ray disc from a video file (generate .mpls, .m2ts and .cpi files). For this example, i,m using two videos. This program places these videos in one .m2ts file and generate the .mpls and .cpi associate files. Then, I put this files in my compilation and generate my Blu-ray this. Do you understand me?

the problem is, I need to put this videos in Picture in Picture form and I don`t have any examples to do this. The question is: Do you know how to do this? Is this way of generating videos to use PIP in Blu-Ray correct? Do you have any examples about this issue? Can you help me?

Thank you very much for all and sorry for my english

Mochilete

Joe Rice Guest

Hi Mochilete,

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with AVS Video Converter and I don't know if it supports multiplexing BD picture-in-picture, but you could check with the developer.

There are various forms of picture-in-picture, but the most common is to multiplex both the main and PiP video streams into the same M2TS with a reference to the PiP in the PlayList as a subpath, which gives you the stream reference to access the stream from BD-J.

The software that I'm aware of that does the PiP multiplexing includes Roxio's Scenarist, Sony's BluPrint, and NetBlender's DoStudio. DoStudio is the least expensive of those, although I'm not sure it allows for one to use their own BD-J code, as it also includes a BD-J navigation abstraction layer.

Joe

On Nov 23, 2011, at 2:05 AM, forums@java.net wrote:

> Hi Joe
>
> First, thank you for aswering me. I´m using AVS Video Converter to generate
> the structure of Blu-ray disc. This program creates the basic structure of
> blu ray disc from a video file (generate .mpls, .m2ts and .cpi files). For
> this example, i,m using two videos. This program puts these videos in one
> .m2ts file and generate the .mpls and .cpi associate files. Then, I put this
> files in my compilation and generate my Blu-ray this. Do you understand me?
>
> the problem is, I need put this videos in Picture in Picture form and I don`t
> have any examples to do this. The question is: Do you know to do this? Do you
> have any examples about this issue? Can you help me?
>
> Thank you very much for all and sorry for my english
>
> Mochilete
>
>