Skip to main content

Loading HBackgroundImage on PS3

2 replies [Last post]
dzinek_cub

Hi all,
I have problem with HBackgroundimage on PS3.

I have made HaviBackgroundController the same as on http://read.pudn.com/downloads63/sourcecode/others/222688/HaviBackground... and on PowerDVD everything is ok. The background image is loaded and displayed.
But when I burn BD-RE and start it in PS3 image has both width and height -1. I tried to add HBackgroundImage.load(HBackgroundImageListener) and moved backgroundConfig.displayImage(...) from line 140 to HBackgroundImageListener.imageLoaded(HBackgroundImageEvent). After this, imageLoaded is calling with event HBackgroundimageEvent.BACKGROUNDIMAGE_LOADED, so it is clear for me, that image is loaded from file. But it doesn't - it has also dimensions equals -1.
I know, that PS3 is more restrictive than other players, but loading logo image from the same path to HStaticIcon is working both on PowerDVD and PS3.
I don't have any idea, how can I, for example, add loggin to loading this image.
Regards
Tomek

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
joe_rice

Background images have some additional format specs than other BD-J images. Could that be it?

Baseline sequential DCT-based JPEG using JFIF file exchange format with a chrominance format of YCbCr 4:2:2 or YCbCr 4:2:0, and maximum width of 1920 and height of 1080.

(We use GraphicConverter to generate these images).

Joe

On Jan 19, 2011, at 8:29 AM, forums@java.net wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have problem with HBackgroundimage on PS3.
>
>
> I have made HaviBackgroundController the same as
> on http://read.pudn.com/downloads63/sourcecode/others/222688/HaviBackground...
> [1] and on PowerDVD everything is ok. The background image is loaded and
> displayed.
>
> But when I burn BD-RE and start it in PS3 image has both width and height -1.
> I tried to add HBackgroundImage.load(HBackgroundImageListener) and moved
> backgroundConfig.displayImage(...) from line 140 to
> HBackgroundImageListener.imageLoaded(HBackgroundImageEvent). After this,
> imageLoaded is calling with event
> HBackgroundimageEvent.BACKGROUNDIMAGE_LOADED, so it is clear for me, that
> image is loaded from file. But it doesn't - it has also dimensions equals -1.
>
> I know, that PS3 is more restrictive than other players, but loading logo
> image from the same path to HStaticIcon is working both on PowerDVD and PS3.
>
> I don't have any idea, how can I, for example, add loggin to loading this
> image.
>
> Regards
>
> Tomek
>
>
>
> [1] http://read.pudn.com/downloads63/sourcecode/others/222688/HaviBackground...
>

dzinek_cub

Thansk for help Joe.
I changed image format from PNG to JPEG and now it works.

Tomek

joe_rice wrote:
Background images have some additional format specs than other BD-J images. Could that be it? Baseline sequential DCT-based JPEG using JFIF file exchange format with a chrominance format of YCbCr 4:2:2 or YCbCr 4:2:0, and maximum width of 1920 and height of 1080. (We use GraphicConverter to generate these images). Joe