Skip to main content

Launching Xlet after VFS update on Samsung BD-C5500

5 replies [Last post]
michal_s

Hi.
I'm looking for solution on issue during launching Xlet from another Xlet after VFS update on Samsung BD-C5500.
The same application runs fine on PowerDVD, WinDVD and PS3.
Here what I try to accomplish:
1. On the disc there is single Xlet (A) marked as first playback
2. Xlet A fetches second one from network (Xlet B)
3. Xlet A requests VFS update (in result there is PREPARED state)
4. Xlet A invokes starting Xlet B
5. On Samsung, after point 4, nothing happens, not going into initXlet, not throwing any error etc.

Tried samples from HD cookbook, the same happens.

As I mentioned before, it runs correctly on PS3 and software players.
Placing Xlet B on the disc (not downloading it and requesting VFS update) makes it working on all players.
Any ideas?

Regards,
Michael

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
krramanan3

Hi Michael,

Is it working in other players such as Sony BDP - S380?

If it is not working in any player, I suspect it must be something to do with the signing of xlet.

Did you sign both xlets (Xlet A abd Xlet B) using same certificate? If not, try signing both using one certificate.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ramanan

michal_s

Ramanan,

Did not try on Sony BDP-S380. I just ordered 2 additional hardware players, waiting for them.

Yes, both A and B are signed with the same certificate :-)

chihiro_saito

Hi Michael,

Given what you're describing, it seems to be a player issue and not your application problem. I vaguely recall that Samsungs have a problem with VFS Update related functions operating from BD-RE and BD-R discs. If app A is on BD-ROM, then I suspect it'll work.

Chihiro

michal_s

Chihiro,

If I place both A and B on the disc it works.

It A downloads B and then A runs VFS update and tries to launch B, it does not work (no exception, message etc.

If it is Samsung related issue, then I assume that there is nothing much to do with it :-)

Maybe I should try to contact Samsung directly, what do you think?

chihiro_saito

Ok, here's a past thread about this Samsung issue.

http://www.java.net/node/702077

You can contact Samsung, but it's not really a bug, that it's hard to imagine Samsung updating this part of their player requirements....