Skip to main content

Can't play the HD Cookbook ProgressivePlaylist sample Xlet on a Samsung bluray player

6 replies [Last post]
darenyong

Hello,
I have been trying out the HD Cookbook Progressive Playlist Xlet and it works fine on a PS3, a Panasonic BD60, and Corel WinDvd 2010.
However on a Samsung (BD-C6500T) bluray player, the Xlet fails with the following exception: "Exception in playback: org.bluray.media.InvalidPlayListException"
Can anyone confirm if it is possible to run the HD Cookbook Progressive Playlist sample on a Samsung bluray player, and what changes (if any) are required to do so?

Best regards,
Daren

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
chihiro_saito

Hi Daren,
I hear that Samsung players do not allow the apps on BD-R/BD-RE to use the BDLive features, and that the VFS Update is likely to fail when the app is from BD-R/RE. Thus, I won't be surprised if the ProgressivePlayList example disc also doesn't perform right on Samsungs....
Chihiro

darenyong

Thanks Chihiro for clearing that up for me.

I was worried there was something we were missing on the Samsung players, but it just sounds like extra security.

So if I was really interested in running the cookbook ProgressivePlaylist sample on Samsung players, can you briefly describe what would I have to do?

I assume I would need to sign up with the BDA, get a special orgId, and keys, and then contact a 'certified' manufacturer of blu ray discs and send them the progresiveplaylist sample jar or codes along with my orgId and keys, and then they would burn a 'real' AACS encrypted BD, which would then work as I expected on a Samsung?

Best regards,
Daren

Chihiro Saito Guest

Hi Daren,

I don't know the entire procedure of making a BD-ROM disc, but I don't think you need AACS; probably just make a cutting master format of your disc and ask someone to make it into a disc?

In any case, for testing Samsung players, I've been using a BD-ROM disc that contains an bootloader application. The bootleader pulls the target app from the net and does a VFS Update.

Chihiro

On Apr 26, 2011, at 11:25 AM, forums@java.net wrote:

> Thanks Chihiro for clearing that up for me. I was worried there was something
> we were missing on the Samsung players, but it just sounds like extra
> security. So if I was really interested in running the cookbook
> ProgressivePlaylist sample on Samsung players, can you briefly describe what
> would I have to do? I assume I would need to sign up with the BDA, get a
> special orgId, and keys, and then contact a 'certified' manufacturer of blu
> ray discs and send them the progresiveplaylist sample jar or codes along with
> my orgId and keys, and then they would burn a 'real' AACS encrypted BD, which
> would then work as I expected on a Samsung? Best regards, Daren
>

darenyong

Hello Chihiro,
Do you know if the bootloader image you are using is publically available, and where I can get it if so?
Best regards,
Daren

darenyong

Hello Chihiro,
Do you know if the bootloader image you are using is publically available, and where I can get it if so?
Best regards,
Daren

darenyong

*Bump* ?