Skip to main content

World peer group membership service in jxse 2.7

2 replies [Last post]
borysd

Hi,
I'm trying to migrate a project from jxse 2.5 to 2.7. My application fails while instantiating world peer group. Here is exception
net.jxta.exception.PeerGroupException: Failed to login to this group: null. Error=0
at net.jxta.impl.peergroup.StdPeerGroup.initFirst(StdPeerGroup.java:704)
at net.jxta.impl.peergroup.Platform.initFirst(Platform.java:214)
at net.jxta.impl.peergroup.GenericPeerGroup.init(GenericPeerGroup.java:907)
at net.jxta.peergroup.WorldPeerGroupFactory.newWorldPeerGroup(WorldPeerGroupFactory.java:312)
at net.jxta.peergroup.WorldPeerGroupFactory.<init>(WorldPeerGroupFactory.java:182)
at net.jxta.peergroup.NetPeerGroupFactory.<init>(NetPeerGroupFactory.java:203)

As far as I understand default membership service was changed from NoneMembershipService to PSEMembershipService in jxse 2.7..
Here is how I create my group
NetPeerGroupFactory factory = new NetPeerGroupFactory(
netConfig.getPlatformConfig(),
netConfig.getStoreHome());
infrastructureGroup = factory.getNetPeerGroup();

My question is, how can I set membership service back to NoneMembershipService?
Thank you.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
buzzheavyyear

try using the networkmanager instead of the netpeergroupfactory directly. don't forget to set up all of the parameters too - including username, password, peername etc - and then save the configuration. psemembership is transparent - if you are not using it then it won't affect your application.

borysd

Thank you, for your response.
I had NetworkConfigurator.save() statement. After I commented that out the problem went away.