Skip to main content

Simple question: how to establish a connection?

1 reply [Last post]
wangzhanyu

hey guys , here comes a simple question!

Scenery:

RDV peer Jack on LAN with 192.168.3.2:9710;

RDV peer Mya on WAN with 202.118.110.110:9711;

router is configured with LAN port: 192.168.3.1, WAN port: 202.118.110.1

Can Jack establish a connection with Mya?

if not what should i do for establishing a connection from private IP to public IP?

i am using Version 2.6, so answer of V2.6 best, of other version good! thank you!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
wangzhanyu

hey everyone, i tackled the problem last morning!

if you want to establish a connection through the NAT, you should run a RendezVous and a Relay on WAN side with a public IP, such as my example 202.118.110.110. Do not forget to set the RendezVous as the RendezVous_seed in your Relay peer, and set the Relay as Relay_seed in you RendezVous.

Then, on the LAN side 192.168.3.2, set the RendezVous and the Relay as your Edge peer's RendezVous_seed and Relay_seed respectively.

First, start RendezVous and Relay on your WAN side;

Second, start your Edge peer in your LAN side. Remarkably, you should wait for a little while, maybe scores seconds, to let the peers refresh their peerList.

Finnally, you would find your Edge in your LAN side has connected to a RendezVous peer!

My english is not quite fluently. i have no idea about if i express clearly. welcome exchanges