Skip to main content

Running JXTA Shell with local Rendezvous

1 reply [Last post]
altmann

Hi Community,
I'm trying to get JXTA running. I tried several tutorials using the JXTA Shell. In the tutorials seting Rdv and Relay URLs to a public node were proposed. But the proposed cgi-Scripts and the sites weren't available.
Thus, I went over to get launching my own Rdv+Relay-Node. The first idea was to test and get it running in my local WLan, before migrating the code to my public server.
I found an example code here: radioae6rt.wordpress.com/2006/11/15/a-turnkey-private-jxta-net-demo/ from here: http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Jxta/LinuxRendezvousRelayDaemon.
I set the seed.txt to my local WLan IP and configured the build.properties with JXTA_HOME and Java_home, respectively. Then I ran 'ant rdv' and 'ant node' - and voilà, I got a CLIENT_CONNECT. After that I launched the JXTA Shell testing if I could grasp the Rdv within the shell.
I configured an EDGE-Node configuration in accordance to the Java-Code (MyPeer.java), setting:

Advanced:
TCP Settings: Enabled = true, Multicast = false, Enable Outg Connections=true,Enable Incom Connnections=false
HTTP Settings:Enabled=true, Enable Outg Connections=true, Enable Incom Connections=false
Rdv/Relays:
Rdv Settings: Use Rdv=true, Use only configured seeds:true, Rdv seeding URIs added: tcp://192.168.230.128:9701 (=seeds.txt of example code)
Rdv Settings: Use Relay=true, Use only configured seeds:true, Relay seeding URIs added: tcp://192.168.230.128:9701 (=seeds.txt of example code)

I started the shell. fired up an 'rdvstatus', but got no connection. Also, 'peers -r' got no result.
The configuration of mine+code can be downloaded at http://maltmann.wi-kassel.de/tmp/JXTA.zip

What did I wrong.

Help would be really appreciated

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
adamman71

JXTA shell is not maintained anymore...
Jérôme