Skip to main content

JXTA 2.5 can't find peer over group

2 replies [Last post]
vajav

Hello my problem is the following: I am starting the jxta network and after that I make the peer join a certain group (whose ID is harcoded ) and after that the peer searches for other peers connected to that group (using the getRemoteAdvertisements using the DIscoveryService.ConfigMode.PEER). When I run 2 instances of the program in diffrent directories in my computer no peers are dicovered even though both of them joined the same peer group. in the log i get the following messages WARN: Could not connect to adress ...(peer's id) and WARN. could not add route to (peer id) among other things. i don't know where to start , I am new to the API, that is why I ask of you to please give me some assistance

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kapekost

the ip should be xx.xx.xx.xx:port
there are huge differences if the other peer is on another computer , i suggest you start by having 2 computers, even though you can start with examples they are helpful those on official jxta, and some others people distribute. like chats and sample code.
i would suggest you use 2.6 there are a lot of differences and you should start with a more stable and understanding version

vajav

managed to sort it out, the source which I have been reading from was from another(older) version of jxta.