Skip to main content

how to add RDV and relay peer in new group

1 reply [Last post]
fengky72

hi all
I try to describe my application clearly.
1) I have a server ( we can name it "S") located in US which can run as relay and RDV point for all peers (groups)
2)many peers joined an open group
3)if two peers( maybe in different LAN) want to transmit some private data, one of them can build a private group. then login name and password are sent to corresponding peer through a pipe
my questions are:
1) i know every group should has its own RDV, is it means "s" should join every private group? can anyone of these two peer work as RDV?
2)does every group need a relay peer?
3) all RDV and relay seeds are added before startnetwork, how can i add RDV or relay when a new peer is built?

thank you.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
adamman71

1) i know every group should has its own RDV, is it means "s" should join every private group? can anyone of these two peer work as RDV?
Yes and Yes
2)does every group need a relay peer?
If some peers of this group are located behind NATs (which is most often the case), the answer is yes, otherwise, they won't be reachable from other peers.
3) all RDV and relay seeds are added before startnetwork, how can i add RDV or relay when a new peer is built?
Just make it a RDV and add the 'main' seed lists in it. It will connect with other RDV in the seed list and that's enough. Now, you can also put a list of seed on a web server for loading by your peers. If necessary, you can modify that list on the web server. The peers will automatically re-load that list after some time (including updates).