Looking for Jr Java Developers
I am in serious need of Jr Java Developers. Entry Level Exp New Grads, Recent Grads, May 2014 Grads.
0-1yr Exp can be Professional, Academic, Internship or all the above. If you are interested or know someone that woud like this great opportunity please contact me and/or send referrals to
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture, helps U.S. federal agencies build the government of the future. With 4,000 dedicated US employees, Accenture Federal Services is uniquely positioned to support federal agencies in shattering the status quo, achieving profound efficiencies and relentlessly delivering results. Accenture Federal Services is a long-time and trusted resource for the federal community. Every cabinet level agency in the United States-and 20 of the country's largest federal government agencies-have worked with Accenture Federal Services to achieve outcomes and move toward high performance. Join us and you can help our federal clients achieve what matters most, powering the services that touch the nation every day.
The Junior Java Developer will design, deliver, and support operations for a custom-built system that helps our client execute their mission critical business processes. In this role, you will:
• Be involved in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from requirements through implementation. This includes direct ownership of technical designs, code development, and component test execution in order to demonstrate that the finished components function as per the specification.
• Support issue analysis and fix during assembly test, product test, regression test, as well as production issue resolution.
• Develop a broad set of technology skills in Java web technologies, Service Oriented Architecture concepts, Open Source frameworks and technology architecture concepts.
• Collaborate with a large project team made up of talented employees with diverse and complementary skills.
Specific J2EE technology skills that will be gained include: Spring MVC, Spring WebFlow, Spring Web Services using SOAP, JUnit, Hibernate, AJAX using JQuery, and the Quartz scheduler batch framework. The Junior Developer will also gain knowledge of Technical Architecture components such as Web Servers (IBM HTTP Server [IHS]), Application Servers (IBM WebSphere Application Server & Oracle WebLogic) and Load Balancer, along with Open Source version control systems (like Subversion) as well as integration & build automation tools like ANT, Hudson and Maven.
• 4yr technical degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering/ Information Systems/ recent grads / May 2014 Grads
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
• Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Technically well-rounded with experience working with Java
• A good understanding of object-oriented programming design patterns, basic algorithms, code reusability and relational database concepts
• Knowledge of software engineering practices and methodologies
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require, now or in the future, sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.