Skip to main content

Which test do I take to become certified?

2 replies [Last post]
gpthree

I would like to get some certification for java.
At oracle's site i see that they offer
1Z0-803: Java SE 7 Programmer I and
1Z0-850: Java Standard Edition 5 and 6, Certified Associate Exam (formerly Sun exam CX-310-019)

These are the very first, basic tests they offer for java SE.

Which one do I take?
Will the Java SE 6 test become absolete once java 7 replaces 6?
I would like to take 1Z0-803 just to be safe but there are no study guides available for that test. Is it safe to use CX-310-019 study guides? From the oracle site I got the vibe that they are changing the test now.

Thank you

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Old_Dog

If you have no certifications as of yet then the first certification for Java SE7 is now 1Z0-803 for Java Associate Programmer. There is now a week long course associated with this certificate which requires hands on lab time to satisfy new requirements implemented by Oracle. If you already hold a certification then there is an exam especially for experienced Java programmers that will certify you for SE7. If you are an experienced programmer with no certification you should talk to Oracle University and see if you really need to start at the beginning, at least with the course, which is for people with little or no experience. Info may be to late to little but good luck.

gpthree

Thanks