Skip to main content

Where to report Java 8 SE bugs ?

Please note these forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at
7 replies [Last post]

I've tried to click on the link "J2SE bug reporting channels" which is present:
- on this forum
- on this blog entry:
- on

This link always point to:
which returns 404.

I have SIGSEGV in the upcoming 8 RE that I would like to report.

In general many websites and links related to core Java projects are in a big disarray after Sun was acquired by Oracle.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

The correct URL is here:

- Don

Ok, thanks. I've forgot about that one.
It would be nice if some one from the JDK project could correct the links I've mentioned here.

The page has been updated.

Fixed on the blog too.
Thanks for the feedback.

I've found but there is no registration link anywhere. Tried to go to the "Account help" link from the login page but the site is unavailable. What a mess ...

Walec51, if you look at the front page of, it says:

Welcome to the JDK Bug System
Everyone with OpenJDK Author status or above has a JBS
account which may be used to create and edit bugs. Those
without accounts can view bugs anonymously.

If you are not an author, is the way to submit bug reports.

Ok, sorry. I didn't notice that info. I'm new to testing early access releases and snapshots.

But still I find it odd that you only give ppl like me a chance to submit a bug report. Afterwards I have no way to comment or even answer question asked to the given issue. I've read at that I would be contacted if further information is needed. But judging for the issue I wrote about here: JVM devs just leave a comment (about which the reported is not even notified) and do not seek any more contact.