Skip to main content

SWING rendering issue on OSX LION/JDK 7 - DUAL MONITOR

3 replies [Last post]
mandravinos

hi everyone,

i'd like to report an issue when using some swing components in jdk 7, running osx lion and under netbeans 7.1 ide, there was corrupted behaviour on their behalf. when the JFileChooser window would popup, all the text elements would disappear from every component. this behaviour is depicted in the pictures below wich represent a sequence in actions (pre-popup, popup, post-popup)

THIS WOULD ONLY HAPPEN WHEN I USED DUAL MONITOR MODE ON MY MACBOOK (ITS NATIVE DISPLAY AND AN EXTERNAL DVI-INTERFACED MONITOR). THE PROBLEM WOULD GO AWAY AS SOON AS I RETURNED TO SINGLE MONITOR MODE.

thanks for the effort ppl, jdk 7 is serious update! ;) keep it up!!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
haninaguib

I am also having the same problem. A simple JFrame containing a JScrollPanel with a JTree inside it. If I attempt to expand a tree node than all labels disappear.

In my case I don't think it is related to dual monitors.

anthony_p

What build are you using? Could you please download the latest available preview of 7u4 for Mac and try it out?

So far we were unable to reproduce the issue. Please check the bug report (the link is in this thread).

anthony_p

I've filed 7131912 to track this issue. Please watch the bug at http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=7131912 (should be accessible in a day).