Skip to main content

JXStatusBar on swingx 1.6.5-1 version

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
6 replies [Last post]
dpmihai

Hi.

I updated my swingx from 1.6.1 to 1.6.5-1. I have a JXStatusBar which looked ok on 1.6.1 version. But on 1.6.5-1 version it seems it has no UI. (no border, no background color, no resize marker).

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kleopatra

don't see any difference between 1.6.5 and 1.6.2 (the earliest I have handy on this machine) - could you post a screenshot?

Thanks
Jeanette

dpmihai

Hi.

I have a look and feel from jgoodies set:

try {
PlasticLookAndFeel.setCurrentTheme(new ExperienceBlue());
UIManager.setLookAndFeel(new PlasticXPLookAndFeel());
} catch (UnsupportedLookAndFeelException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

With this in swingx version 1.6.1 it looks ok , but in 1.6.5-1 looks bad. I attached two images on how it looks.

kleopatra

filed an issue:

https://java.net/jira/browse/SWINGX-1577

not sure if/how/when it will be fixed - the statusbar uis might indeed not be fully implemented, doesn't look overwhelmingly good in core LAFs as well. On the other hand: it's the task of the LAF provider to support new SwingX components .. just saying :-)

Cheers
Jeanette

kleopatra

looks weird, indeed. From the top of my head, I can't remember any changes that might be responsible for this. So no immediate help available, sorry.

Could you please file a bug in the swingx issue tracker, so that we don't forget looking into it? Would be great if you could pinpoint the exact version (between 1.6.1 and 1.6.5-1) where it happened, might be a hint to what happened.

edit: on second thought (and running agains 1.6) - it's strange that the grip shows up at all: it doesn't for plain Metal. And only can get it when setting plastic as LAF, not when installing, that is:

UIManager.setLookAndFeel(new PlasticXPLookAndFeel());

will show the grip, though with a different color than the normal panel background while

UIManager.installLookAndFeel("Plastic", PlasticLookAndFeel.class.getName());

will not show the grip and get the background color correct. So I'm not sure that it's a SwingX issue.

Thanks
Jeanette

dpmihai

Hi I tested with 1.6.2 and it looks ok. The problem starts from 1.6.3 version.

kleopatra

thanks - that corresponds to my latest test as well. Let's wait a bit for Karl's input, he knows more about the changes on the LAF front than me

Cheers
Jeanette