Skip to main content

Web-hook installed for swingx, demos and incubator ...

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
9 replies [Last post]
kleopatra

meaning that now we have the old home-pages online again, accessible via f.i.

http://swingx.java.net

the downside is, that most links are broken - no automatics done to update them. Committers, please fix whatever you stumble across :-)

The webstartables on the incubator home page need special attention: the links on the home page as well as all links in the jnlps need to be updated .. did so for mine. Not sure if we could handle it by some global c&p? If anybody feels like it, please go and do

Cheers, Jeanette 

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Spinnifex

Re,

Nice demo app!

Great for playing with the new widgets.

Is the JXLoginPane/Dialog working ? By clicking on it nothing happens!?

Regards,

Spinnifex

kleopatra

As far as I remember we have a security issue with JXLoginPane (trying to leave the sandbox) which might not yet have been fixed. Karl, do you know more about its status (me too lazy to search right now ;-)?

Cheers, Jeanette

kschaefe

I fixed that bug, but unless you rebuilt the demo from SVN, it's still using the old code and will fail in secured environments.

Karl

kleopatra

Karl,

thanks for the info :-) Let's hope the build environment will be up and running pretty soon now

Cheers, Jeanette

Spinnifex

Re,

Now I tryed the JXTreeTable from the demo app. There I noticed an other bug.

If you expand some nodes and then hover with the mouse over the left navigation bar ( JXTaskPane ) the scrollbar

of the JScrollPane of the JXTreeTable is synchronized with your mouse motions. If you move the mouse up and down on any location

outside the JXTreeTable the tree table is scrolling in this direction.

Beside this, the L&F of the JXTreeTable is not "nice". At my System ( Linux Kubuntu 10.10 ) , selecting

Nimbus L&F there is a pink background for every tree node icon and for the entire row if you select one.

This is whereby that is only my personal feeling.

Regards,

Spinnifex

kleopatra

seen what you mean

1) the "jumping" scrolling is by-design, kind-of: the treetable represents the container hierarchy and moving the mouse around highlights the component which contains the mouse, which obviously needs scrolling :-) Should add a checkbox to enable/disable or at least comment, could well be that there is already a task issue in the swinglabs-demos issuetracker

2) Nimbus .. sigh: basically, we (read: me :-) gave up on Nimbus, it's far too buggy to worth the efforts. Contributions welcome!

Cheers

Jeanette

kleopatra

feel encouraged do report any bug you detect in the swingx issue tracker :-) Creating an issue and link to this thread is fine.

Cheers, Jeanette

Spinnifex

Re,

Thanks for your information.

Hmm why the nimbus is buggy ? For me it is the most beautiful l&f and it looks nice on several platforms.

The only thing I don't like is the "Selecting a node in a JTree"-Behavior where the background color of each

row is always this kind of blue anyway you set an own renderer.

Regards,

Spinnifex

Spinnifex

Re again,

Those filters added to the painter demo are great.

Are they part of the next release of SwingX?

The Composite demo seems to work now as I should too :) and it is fast for me.

Nice work!

Regards,

Olek