Skip to main content

swing event not getting rendered in jre6 whereas was working fine with jre5

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
No replies
akhi_java

Hello everybody,
we have migrated from WAS6 to WAS8 and hence it was required to migrate from java5 to 6.
My application is a swing based application.I am encountering a strange problem in jre6, that the swing component like dropdown,textfield are not getting clicked easily. The eventlistener for them is not getting fired and hence the fields are not editable as such. The focus also gets lost very quickly and then i have to use F2 to get it editable.
In the back ground we got the following exception as well.
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ahold.swing.SwingWorkerExecutableTask$3.run(SwingWorkerExecutableTask.java:111)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:220)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:650)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:95)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:613)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:611)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:226)
at com.ibm.oti.security.CheckedAccessControlContext.securityCheck(CheckedAccessControlContext.java:30)
at sun.misc.JavaSecurityAccessWrapper.doIntersectionPrivilege(JavaSecurityAccessWrapper.java:41)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:621)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:280)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:195)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:180)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:172)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:133)

any pointers on this will be highly appreciable.