Skip to main content

Some Questions about PasswordStore and JXTaskpaneContainer

2 replies [Last post]
belion

Hi,

i'm an experienced programmer but new to Swingx and have some Questions.

I like the LoginPane but i have some problems with the PasswordStore. I there any reason, why the PasswordStore is an abstract class and not an Interface. In my Application i have a session controlle which is responseble for all task related to the a user session. (e.g. saving password, window position/sizes ... ) Due to my controller hierachie i don't have the possibility to extend PasswordStore, so i have to write glue code, instead of simply implementing the interface.

Taskpane and the Container:

How can i set the spacing of Taskpane? In the Demo i have seen that this is possible, but i didn't find the right properties to set this.

And another question? Where can i find the sources of the 1.6.3 version of swingx? I only find sources for 1.6.2.

Thanks

Willie

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kschaefe

belion wrote:
In my Application i have a session controlle which is responseble for all task related to the a user session. (e.g. saving password, window position/sizes ... ) Due to my controller hierachie i don't have the possibility to extend PasswordStore, so i have to write glue code, instead of simply implementing the interface.

This sounds a bit like the big-ball-of-mud antipattern. I don't think it's prblematic to have that be an abstract class. You could also return the PasswordStore from this controller as an anonymous inner class, giving you access to the controller guts as necessary.

belion wrote:
How can i set the spacing of Taskpane? In the Demo i have seen that this is possible, but i didn't find the right properties to set this.

What spacing are you refering to?

Karl

belion

kschaefe wrote:

This sounds a bit like the big-ball-of-mud antipattern. I don't think it's prblematic to have that be an abstract class. You could also return the PasswordStore from this controller as an anonymous inner class, giving you access to the controller guts as necessary.

It's not problematic, but i don't see the advantage of an abstract class at this point. There is no implementing class at all and the abstract class has no implementing code nor fields. It's empty.

kschaefe wrote:

What spacing are you refering to?

Karl

[/quote]

I have attach a screenshot of my sample. I have marked two areas (red: for the TaskPane in the container and green for the content in the TaskPane), which i want to change.