Skip to main content

Re: disabling JXDatePicker linkPanel (this forum is driving me craaaaazy...)

2 replies [Last post]
kleopatra

(seem to be spurious downs for posting -  couldn't answer directly, got a "bad request from your browser" - how uncool is that :-(

What's wrong with datePicker.setLinkPanel to install a custom panel? The default has ... cough, cough ...  hard-coded colors and is private anyway.

Please let me know if you can meet your requirements, always open to improvements :-)

Cheers

Jeanette

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
jdoolin

Thanks for the reply.
datePicker.setLinkPanel was the first thing I tried, since I had read about it in the javadoc. My code was basically:
datePicker = new JXDatePicker(someDate);
JPanel linkPanel = new JPanel();
//do stuff to customize linkPanel
datePicker.setLinkPanel(linkPanel);
I've done a variety of things to customize the JPanel, including nothing at all, a label, and even went so far as to copy the TodayPanel class from JXDatePicker's source (only I used my own colors). I had a look at the source for setLinkPanel and it seemed pretty straightforward to me. However, the link panel never seems to get set to whatever I pass to it. It just keeps displaying the default link panel with white background and blue hyperlink.

kleopatra

hmm ... sounds like you might have hit a bug. Could you please file it in the swingx issue tracker, preferably with a small runnable example.
Thanks
Jeanette