Part of the move to Maven was to be able to compartmentalize the pieces of SwingX. So far we have only moved the Painter code into a painter module. Here are some other modules that I think make sense and some issues surrounding them.
- Place all of the autocomplete classes into a separate module
- No issues
- Place all of the action code into a separate module
- No issues
- Place the geom, graphics, and image packages together.
- The three utils classes in the Painters package probably belong here. Would cause Painters to have dependency on Graphics.
- Currently contains some utils classes and beans clases that don't belong there
- Bean package is too small to really need its own module, but should definitely move from painters.
- Add to a yet to be determined util module?
- Separate the plaf support code, so that it is easier for third-parties to build custom widgets.
- Would be an extremely small module; is it worth it?
- Create a module for prompt support.
- Currently, that is not a lot of code; is it worth it to make a separate module? Perhaps when we support non-textcomponent prompts?
Looking for any ideas, feedback, or comments you might have on how we break up SwingX into reasonable chunks.