Skip to main content

Latest swingx demo & other stuff

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
7 replies [Last post]
martinm1000

Does any one know where I can find the new demo of swingx features that kleopatra was working on on ?

Also, is there any plans to move (the f*** out) from here and go maybe to google code sites, where stuff works ?

The site (java.net) and this forum s*** so much, it looks like this killed this great project...

Any other news for the next swingx release ?

Martin.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
jonabbey

I can't seem to figure out how to checkout the swinglabs-demo from svn. Whatever I try seems to fail. I did create a java.net account and I tried to use it with svn+ssh, but no go.

Has there been any progress at all since July on getting SwingX someplace useful?

jonabbey

Apologies. It seems that the problem may be related to our recent adoption of a webproxy on our network.

Once I used 'ControlPanel' on my Fedora box to set up the proxy, I was able to use javaws to launch the swinxset demo at

http://swinglabs-demos.java.net/demos/swingxset6/swingxset.jnlp

successfully, and by editing ~/.subversion/servers I was able to get Subversion to honor the proxy as well.

So, yay! SwingSet 3 looks really great, too. ;-)

Thanks

Jon

kleopatra

1) only as checkout the swinglabs-demo project and run locally

2) not that I'm aware of - but would love it to _be_ somewhere else (no time, no fun in really doing it)

3) yeah, it's a real pain, hate to come here ...

4) looks like maven et al is the culprit for the delay (which was planned, afaik, for the middle of July ;-)

Cheers Jeanette

cowwoc

Jeanette,

This is killing SwingX. For the love of god, please move it to Google Code immediately. I will provide you with whatever help you need, but please get us out of this mess!

Gili

kleopatra

Gili,

I'm not as pessimistic as you are: certainly the migration created mess, but just as certainly that mess does not kill SwingX :-) What might kill it, though, are lone decisions to fork. SwingX is _community_ driven, forcing facts never was and never will be accepted (at least not as long as I'm around here and they are done without including me ;-)

Cheers

Jeanette

cowwoc

Jeanette,

As I pointed out in the other discussion thread, I have no desire to fork the project. I was simply offering my help in migrating to Google Code (as many other java.net projects have done). If you wish to remain on java.net, so be it. I'll delete the project page on Google Code. Should you change your mind in the future, I will be happy to lend a hand again.

Gili

kschaefe

Maven is the culprit.  Our CI server is having problems updating POMs, which I believe has to do with firewall settings that I cannot control.  Until we can successfully and repeatably build on our CI server, I see no good way of getting a release out.  I will update on this topic when I have some news.

Karl