Skip to main content

JXTreeTable: Scrollpane only for the 1st column

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
2 replies [Last post]
drezze

hello *,

I have a JXTreeTable with for example 3 columns in a normal JFrame. the 1st column represents the tree, the two other colums contain text. the behaviour of the treetable should be:

the user scales the window down and the JXTreeTable decreases accordingly to this. is the window so small, that the width of the treecolumn is smaller than the largest text of a node or leaf, then a scrollbar should appear for only this column. the user should have the possibility to read the text of the nodes and the leafs by scrolling the bar.

the standard manner is the following way: is the window so small, that the width of the tree-column is smaller than the largest text of a node or a leaf, no scrollbar appears and the content of the columns is cut and is replaced with "...".

I hope, somebody understands my problem. any help, thoughts or proposals are welcome. I googled a lot, tried a lot, but with no result.

thank you in advance.

drezze

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
martinm1000

So you want a scrollbar/scrollpane for your tree colum, and only that column in that JXTreeTable...

Well maybe this could be done but it would be hard and it would be your own TreeTable component, since the Tree is kind of *in* the Table column for JXTreeTable.

drezze

you are right, martin.

a scrollbar only for the tree column. this is hard. i tried a lot, but unfortunately without success.