Skip to main content

JXtreeTable custom icons per node

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
3 replies [Last post]
permeable

I would like to have custom icons for the tree nodes, depending upon the node's userObject field. I have looked through the forums and not seen an answer.
How do I set the open/close/leaf icons for each node?
Thanks
Jay

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kleopatra

Highlighter as mentioned in the other post is one option. Another is to implement a custom IconValue and let the renderer use it, like in

IconValue iv = new IconValue() {
   Icon getIcon(Object value) {

// return an icon based on value
     }
}

// here the value will be the user object, SwingX does the unwrapping of the node automatically
TreeCellRenderer r = new DefaultTreeRenderer(iv, sv);

// or here the value will be the node itself
TreeCellRenderer r = new DefaultTreeRenderer(iv, sv, false)

There are examples in the test hierarchy (f.i. search for usage of IconValue in the renderer and swingx package)
HTH
Jeanette

permeable

Doh!
I've been studying your JXTreeTableDemo and mistakenly assumed that LazyLoadingIconValue() only returned a single icon. I re-ran your demo and discovered the TreeDemoIconValues class. Great work, Jeanette, et. al.

uvoigt

Sounds like you should have a look on the Highlighter classes.
I don't know for sure if that works but I assume that you can implement a new Highlighter that changes the node icons.