Skip to main content

JXTable - Source Code of Example and other Examples

4 replies [Last post]
Currychicken

Hello!

I just discover SwingX and I am interested in the JXTable component. Currently, I try to use it and I am orient mnyself on the example JXTableDemo (https://swinglabs-demos.dev.java.net/demos/swingxset6/swingxset.jnlp). But can I find the complete source code of the examples in the internet? The code would be much more easy to read in NetBeans than in the Textarea of the example. The "swingx-all-1.6.3.jar" just contains the classes.

And are there other examples for the use of JXTable in the internet? Maybe an open source project which uses it?

I am looking forward to your replies!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kleopatra

Thanks for your interest :-)

The complete code of the demo is available in the swinglabs-demos project, accesssible via svn checkout.

The sources of swingx (and its javadoc) itself _should_ be available as a maven artefact (at the same place as the binary) - unfortunately something not-yet-understood went wrong at the final rollout (see an earlier thread in this forum), so for now you have to do a svn checkout to grab them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers
Jeanette

Currychicken

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, I am programming newbie and habe no idea of all these "programming periphery" like Subversion. I just installed the Subsersion-Plugin vor NetBeans and tried to connect but I did not success. I used the following Repository-URL "svn+ssh://Currychicken@svn.java.net/swinglabs-demos~svn" and tunnel "plink -l username -pw password". I changes "username" and "password" to my user data, which I use to log in this forum.

What do I wrong?

kleopatra

no idea (would not touch Netbeans ;-)

In Eclipse, I use the simple access option (without credentials):

https://svn.java.net/svn/swinglabs-demos~svn

no problems, except that subclips warns abou some invalid certificate of the repository: that's probably due to the project migration to java.net a while ago, it's safe to accept anyway (IMO, at least that's what I do all the time without visible negative effects :-)

HTH
Jeanette

chaosy

Just fetch the trunk code via svn on Eclipse. Will look into the demo code and learn how to use the JXTreeTable. It's hard to get a good tutorial for SwingX after searing google, so probably reading the demo code is a way to make it clear :-), whatever, thanks kleopatra