Skip to main content

Howto disable theming for JXTaskPaneContainer?

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
linuxhippy

Hi,
I am using JXTaskPaneContainer in a commercial application.
While everything looks fine running with the Metal/Ocean lnf, it looks a bit odd on Windows-7 (skins as if it would be running on Windows-XP). Is there any way to selectivly disable native theming for JXTaskPaneContainer? I would be quite happy if it would always render using the Ocean-Lnf, while the rest of the application uses the native theming.
Is there any way to get this behaviour?
Thank you in advance, Clemens

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kschaefe

No, there is no way to force the behavior to configure a specific Look and Feel that is not consistant with the current Look and Feel. The right way is for us to solve the issue by providing values appropriate to Windows 7. Not having access to such a beast, we will need some help. If you look at TaskPaneContainerAddon, you will see how the colors are captured for use in the container. We would need to provide different (correct) values for Windows 7. Contributions welcomed (and necessary given my lack of Win 7 access).
Karl