Skip to main content

How to get double-clicked JXTreeTableNodes?

5 replies [Last post]
TomTree

Hello, I've got a question about JXTreeTables. I want a window, showing some information about the node, to pop up, when a node is double-clicked. Now, is it possible to get the double-clicked node of the JXTreeTable or null if the click wasn't directly on a node?

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
TomTree

Hi there,

thanks for your answers and sorry for the delay. I've now tested the two solutions and Karl's worked just fine. I don't know if I'm missing something but I can't see any advantages in your code, Jeanette. I will also post it on StackOverflow but I will wait for your feedback before I mark it as answer.

Thanks again!

kleopatra

the difference is between firing on a click _anywhere in the table cell_ containing the node  vs. _directly on the node_ Me  assuming you were after the latter - which should be supported by treeTable api :-)

Cheers

Jeanette

TomTree

Oh okay, maybe I should've precised my question a bit concerning this aspect :D. I was talking about a click anywhere and have the answer now, thanks for your effort :)!

kleopatra

just noticed this duplicate of your post on SO (or the other way round, don't know and don't care :-) 

stackoverflow.com/questions/9059093/how-to-get-a-double-clicked-treetablenode

Assuming you mean the behaviour of tree.getRowForLocation(...): there is no api on the treeTable, you hit missing api and might consider to file an improvement issue in the swingx issue tracker :-)

SO has a code-snippet of a workaround (never managed to make code readable here, unwilling to try again ;-)

HTH

Jeanette

kschaefe

Nodes are not part of the display hierarchy, so you would need to add a MouseListener to the JXTreeTable:

public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
    if (SwingUtitlities.isLeftMouseButton(e) && e.getClickCount() == 2) {
        TreePath path = treeTable.getPathForRow(treeTable.rowAtPoint(e.getPoint));
        //... do stuff with path, such as extract current node
    }
}

Karl