Skip to main content

How to bring back highlighting selection to JXLabel?

1 reply [Last post]
sbozian

Hi everyone,

I have a scenario where I need a label that can wrap multi-line text, with text alignment support, so I'm glad JXLabel has it all!

However, I also need to give the ability to select my label to allow copying the text (although I know this is not usually done with label components, but I really have to use a JXLabel here).

The documentation above JXLabel.MultiLineSupport mentions that "All other classes here, when their name matches corresponding class from swing.text.* package are copy of the class with removed support for highlighting selection." so I would like to know whether is it fairly possible for me to revert that change. I am trying to find a solution myself but I'll be more than happy if someone can put me on the right track, specially authors of JXLabel! :-)

Thanks a lot,
Shant

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kschaefe

Firstly that's an implementation detail that was made public.  We could choose to use a completely different mechanism for multi-line support.

Secondly label don't support highlighting; that's not their purpose.

Given that we wouldn't "bring back support" for something that was never there and never intended to be there.

Karl