Skip to main content

Bugfix for org.jdesktop.swingx.BackgroundWorker.isDone()

12 replies [Last post]
brettryan

Calls to isDone() will set running to false instead of testing if the value is false.

Subsequently this may have gone unnoticed in most code unless a task happens to be quite long running.

Patch attached.

AttachmentSize
swingx-ws-background_worker.patch_.gz271 bytes

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kschaefe

I am having trouble applying the patch, as my inherited role from SwingLabs does not seem to be working on the SwingX-WS subproject.  I will contact Java.net about it.

Karl

brettryan

Thanks Karl, I have another bunch of patches to supply, instead of posting in the forum what is the best avenue for me to post patches?

kschaefe

Files bugs in JIRA and assign them to me.  As soon as java.net fixes my access issue, I'll be happy to apply them.

Karl

brettryan

Karl, see if you can get issue-linking turned on in JIRA.

brettryan

Karl, I should just note that while I can create the issues, I can't actually assign them with the current JIRA permissions.

brettryan

Not a problem Karl, I've gone through and identified broken tests in SwingX and either corrected or disabled and flagged FIXME for broken tests, in most cases it seems the tests are testing for false things that can't be determined such as abstract classes that inerit tests from their base class and alter internal state causing the base tests to fail.

I've done this so I can get a proper build of 1.6.3-SNAPSHOT and installed to my local repo so I could start getting SwingX-WS inline with it, which I've just completed and also turned the SwingX-WS project into a maven project.

Following are for SwingX

The following are for SwingX-WS.

NOTE: SWINGX_WS-41 contains the patch for all the others.

• SWINGX_WS-37 - Make JMapViewer TileFactoryInfo extensible by extracting interface
  • SWINGX_WS-38 - Correct BackgroundWorker.isDone() - which is the initial thread post here.
  • SWINGX_WS-39 - GeoPosition does not use a correct equals() and hashCode() implementation.
  • SWINGX_WS-40 - Make it easier for map server implementors to provide copyrights, also include for default servers
  • SWINGX_WS-41 - Make SwingX-WS a maven based project.
mikofclassx

Ahem, maybe asked a bunch of times, but.. is there a place (an official one) where I can download SwingX 1.6.3 snapshots and source ?

Cheers,

Mik

brettryan

SwingX Sources can be obtained through the official Subversion repository

Snapshots and Release maven repositories are

Unfortunately at time of writing the snapshots repository is not populated and releases does not contain consistent build artefacts. You will need to download the source and install to either your own proxy or into your local maven cache. As of r4089 swingx-core fails on tests, however working out the tests you can get a build going. I last built successfully on r4087, for JDK7 you will find an extra test failing which is now redundant in 7 but I haven't gotten around to filing it yet.

mikofclassx

Many thanks for your reply.

Now I see from jira (http://java.net/jira/browse/SWINGX) that 1.6.3 has been released on 15/Jul/11
That maybe it is a wrong indication from jira ?

Why http://java.net/projects/swingx/downloads is not used for releases ?
Why googling for "swingx download" leads to some kind of treasure hunt game ?

Cheers,

Mik
--

kschaefe

That was an intended release date that we've missed because no one is able to solve the CI server issues to ensure that we have a solid, reproducible build.  I have updated JIRA to remove the release date.

Karl

brettryan

Karl, can't you just publish a manual build?

kschaefe

I'm working on doing that.  Over the past few weeks I have been cleaning up loose ends that we gained when CI died.  With the holidays and a tight work schedule, I make no guarantees, but I really want to get all of these many useful fixes out the door.  For those that can, building from source should give you what you need.  I don't expect anymore bug fixes for the next release unless they are showstoppers.

Karl