【getRowCount issue of JXTable in SwingX 1.0.jar】

7 replies [Last post]
nepxion

I do an addTableModelListener to the model of JXTable as follows:

public void tableChanged(TableModelEvent e) {

int rowCount = table.getRowCount();
System.out.println(rowCount);

}

Then I add some rows to table, it will fire a TableModelEvent, rowCount will be printed. The issue is sometime that it will be printed as the old rowCount. I just test it for 20 times and about 3 times it will be printed error count. This situation will not ALWAYS happen everytime. Would you confirm it is a bug?

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kschaefe

What happens when you test with the latest release?

Karl

nepxion

Sorry, my code can't compile through with the latest release, so it only works under the SwingX 1.0.

I guess the issus is caused by thread-safety, I just add/delete 2 same rows by clicking a button repleatly, sometime JXTable.getRowCount will show me the old row count.I think when I get row count, a thread now calculate the row count, so if I do this when calculating is finished, the count is correct, otherwise error. If I do Thread.sleep(2000), then begin to get row count, will it be ok?

If I change to table.getModel().getRowCount() instead of table.getRowCount, it always be correct.

for (int i=0; i < table.getModel().getRowCount(); i++)

{

table.convertRowIndexToModel(i);

}

Sometime table.getModel().getRowCount() > table.getRowCount, the above code will cause OutOfIndex exception.

BTW:

I find that in your trunk, the code in JXTable is:
public int getRowCount() {

return table.getModel().getRowCount();

}

And in 1.0, the code in JXTable is:

public int getRowCount()

{

return filters != null ? filters.getOutputSize() : super.getRowCount();

}

kschaefe

Sounds like you may not be correctly notifying the view of model changes.  Can you replicate this behavior with a standard JTable?

Karl

nepxion

The view is displayed correctly.
For example:
At first there are 4 rows on JXTable and I add 2 rows to it.
I can see 6 rows on table, but the row count I print is 4.
Then I delete the adding 2 rows and add them again, the row count is 6, correctly.
Notice I can't reproduce this EVERYTIME.

kschaefe

You didn't answer the question: can you replicate the buggy behavior with JTable?

Karl

nepxion

It is ok in JTable

kschaefe

Please supply a small, runnable demo showcasing the issue.  I need a working test case.

Karl