Skip to main content

Macbook ok to develop Java 3D app with netbeans?

2 replies [Last post]
skinhat

I was wondering if a Macbook would be suitable for developing a Java 3D app with Netbeans or would I need more powerful mac to develop with?
I've got a java 3D app working fine in Linux and Windows but not a Mac and was thinking of buying one of the cheapest macs out there and then developing my app on it. Currently I'm having problems getting my app to work on a mac (http://forums.java.net/node/703674) and was thinking if I can step through the code with netbeans I'll be able to find the problem.
I got a mac working on VMWare but unfortunately couldnt install netbeans because the version of Java was 5 instead of 6. I seemed to have trouble upgrading my mac version of java on vmware.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
neil1988

While, I think you need to remove old default java3d packages in your mac and install a new version. Some people said this could solve the problem.
However, my Java 3D applet is not able to run on mac and safari.

skinhat

Oh, so Java 3D doesnt work properly on the latest macs?
Perhaps Oracle (or sun or whatever) needs to provide an install for java that overrides apples version of java if apples version of java is the problem.