Skip to main content

Is JAI still being maintained?

10 replies [Last post]
bokken

There has not been a release in several years and I cannot find any documented schedule for future releases.

In the JIRA for jai imageio core, it does not appear that any issues have been resolved since July of 2009. And only a total of 5 issues have been resolved since 2007, even though there are nearly 100 open issues, many marked as major or blocker importance.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
alokob

I am about to start a work related to image conversion , JAI is one of the possible solution I
came across , I want to know whether it is a live project or its dead? because very less/nothing is spoken about this on oracle site and very less documentation I am able to get.

Please suggest.

JasonBourne46

Yes I agree with your point. Once they find a problem with anything related to software. The developers will try to fix it and give updates to users. I am sure that the developers of this software are capable of that and hope they will solve these problems soon.

nickarls

Add me to the list of people wondering. I think I found a bug but I'm not sure if it's worth reporting on a dead project...

haraldk

Hi guys,

I would like to know as well. I guess the silence from any officials can be taken as a sign that the project is dying?

--
Harald K

tonya_rae_moore
Administrator

You might try emailing the project admins: admins@jai.java.net

haraldk

Done. Thanks,

--
Harald K

bokken

Did you receive any response?

haraldk

No.

Nothing but silence. To be honest, that was also what I expected... :-(

So, I guess, for me the project is considered dead.

--
Harald K

nroduit

What is the position of Oracle on this project?

Although Java Advanced Imaging is incorporated in Oracle products (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/multimedia/overview/index.html) and in several other commercial products, no bug has been fixed for years.

ddukki

I would like to know this as well. I am working on some code that uses JAI for most of the image I/O and I'm having trouble finding any recent documentation or even the binaries. Is the project dead or are there any major updates on the way?