Skip to main content

Dynamic parsing of WSDL and invocation of WS with JAX-WS 2.0 and WSDL 2.0

No replies
Franz77

The big premise is that I am just starting learning WSs :) The last time I used them was a long time ago, so I do not precisely know how technology has evolved in these, say 6-7 years.

I would like to program a client which should be able to parse a WSDL file from its URI, and then dynamically be able to invoke the different operations the WS offers. This should completely be done automatically: no generation of client stubs from the wsdl file or so on. The technology I would like to use is JAX-WS 2.0 (so Java) WSDL 2.0

Because I do not want to directly use the WS: I would like to create a piece of intermediate code that is only a proxy between the WS and the real client. That's why I want to be able to parse the WSDL and to know how (operations and parameters) to send messages to the WS, without using the client generated through the WSDL spec. Just as explained here ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-udax/index.html but I would like to do that by using JAX-WS2.0 and WSDL 2.0 (only dynamic invocation, without dynamic discovery). Any idea?

I am pretty sure there can be some code available, in order to take inspiration. Could somebody point me to this, please? (Clearly, if it exists)

Thank you very much.