Skip to main content

VisualVM host already monitored as [my remote server]

1 reply [Last post]
gnuphie1

I was monitoring a server a few nights ago to capture data on a load test; everything worked great. Yesterday morning, I go to pull up the application snapshots I created and the "explorer" hierarchy with the remote connections and snapshots did not come up. I tried adding the connections again and I get a "VisualVM host already monitored as [my.server.name]" error, but still no listing of the previously configured remote servers or snapshots.

I booted to a OS backup from the previous day, then ran VisualVM to the same system and it still worked. Somehow something in my current configuration got corrupted from the load test (snapshot too large?), and will not allow VisualVM to work. Even when I delete the application, and attempt again I get the same error.

Where is the configuration data kept and how do I fix to: 1) get VisualVM working again, and 2) (hopefully) recover my load test data and graphs?

I am running version VisualVM 1.3.5 on Mac OS X 10.8.3 with 16 GB Ram

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
gnuphie1

A snapshot stored in /Users/[my_user]/Library/Application Support/visualvm/1.3.5 prevented the application from working. Once I deleted the directory and restarted visualvm things started working again. This did not recover my load test data and graphs.