Skip to main content

size of keytool.exe and jar.exe goes to 0

2 replies [Last post]
patluze

I'm experiencing an odd problem with keytool.exe and jar.exe on Windows XP.
I used keytool.exe from the command line to import a certificate file to a java keystore. The operation worked, but when I attempted to use keytool again, I received an error message that said that it was not a valid Win32 application. I looked in Windows Explorer and found size of keytool.exe showed as zero and the date on the file was the time I successfully used it.
Similarly, I used jar.exe from the command line to extract the files from a jar file. The operation succeeded, but when I attempted to use jar.exe again, I received an error message that said that it was not a valid Win32 application. I looked in Windows Explorer and found size of jar.exe showed as zero and the date on the file was the time I successfully used it.
Has anyone else seen this behavior, and if so, can you explain why it's happening?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
teleporter

I am doing some experiment and about to create my first java application but when I took a look at my files, jar.exe seems not working. what could be the cause for this? :(

dcoli

Hi, did you ever find out what was going on with this? I just did a fresh install of the 1.5.0_22 jdk (64-bit) and have the same problem with jar.exe (I'm not using keytool.)