Skip to main content

Java Code Review Tools

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
noviceTaken

I need to use a tool to review code in my project. I am using the Eclipse IDE (Helios) along with maven. Our company follows specific coding standards. E.g: all public methods should have a showOnUI annotation. Therefore the review tool used should be customizable. I should be able to define my own rules. I have been doing some reading, and it seems like Sonar might do the job for me. Are there any other tools available and has anyone used sonar before?

I am new code reviewing tools..so please do help :(

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
paddysmith
  • Jupiter - seems like it's been around for awhile it looks like there is only a single developer on the project and the documentation mentions rather old versions of Eclipse
  • IBM Collaborative Code Review plugin for eclipse - seems like its a proprietary code review tool so not sure it will be supported in the future (or have the ability for a community to assist in development).
  • Eclipse COLA real-time shared editing - Not really a code review tool but more a way to view/edit files peer-to-peer style allowing code review like collaboration. Check out this video demonstration of COLA.