Aspose.Newsletter August 2011 Edition is out now
Aspose Newsletter for August 2011 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month's technical article shows dynamically setting column with Aspose.Pdf. A migration tip for Saving VSD files as other formats from Aspose.Diagram for .NET. A video tutorial for extracting text from a block in an image with Aspose.OCR for .NET.
Product Spotlight - Aspose.OCR for .NET
Barcodes are used for all kinds of applications, from document management to stock control. Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services allows you to render a barcode in an SSRS report. It supports a host of barcode symbologies, is easy to use and gives you control over the barcode image. Click below to download the latest release of the product: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.ocr_for_.net/default.aspx
Technical Article - Dynamically setting column with Aspose.Pdf
With Aspose.Pdf for .NET developers can create table objects and place them in PDF files. This technical article shows how to use Aspose.Pdf (merged) to dynamically set column width based on the number of cells in a row when adding a table to a PDF file. Click below to read the complete article: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/how-to-dynamically-set-columns-width-according-to-number-of-cells-in-a-table-row.html
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET 6.0.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx - hotfix with a number of improvements to performance and features.
- Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx - updated on the 30th of the month every month.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/default.aspx - the first release of the merged Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit product.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.3.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx - support for ActiveX control on slide, SmartArt and more.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 4.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/default.aspx - adds ITF6 read/write capability and support for several symbologies on Silverlight.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 3.9.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx - adds features to read extended attributes from MPP files and a number of fixes.
- Aspose.Network for .NET 6.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/default.aspx - adds a number of improvements and fixes.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 1.3.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.diagram-for-.net/default.aspx - adds write/read support for VTX and VDW files along with a number of other features and improvements.
Tutorial Video - Extracting text from a block in an image with Aspose.OCR
This video tutorial shows how to use Aspose.OCR for .NET to scan a specific block of an image. Step by step it walks you through how to load an image, specify the language and configuration settings, specify the recognition block, set a resource path and start the OCR process. The tutorial is just under three minutes long. Click below to view the Video: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.ocr-for-.net/extract-text-from-a-specific-block-of-the-image.html
Migration Tip - Saving VSD files as other formats from Aspose.Diagram
Aspose.Diagram for .NET lets developers work with Microsoft Visio diagrams without using Microsoft Automation. It is possible to open a Microsoft Visio diagram and export it to other file formats using VSTO as well as Aspose.Diagram. Achieving this task using Aspose.Diagram for .NET takes fewer lines of code, as this migration tip shows. You can find the complete details here: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.diagram-for-.net/save-vsd-file-to-different-file-formats-vdx-pdf-and-jpeg.html
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, August 2011 edition
Collect the English version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2011/08/01/aspose-newsletter-august-2011.html
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspose/21217093093
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066