API for Table Formatting, Better Chinese & Japanese Languages Support
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET & Java (10.5.0) has been released. In this release we've given the table formatting API a significant face lift. New code examples were added to the API Reference and to the Samples projects. The documentation will reflect the new features soon. This regular monthly release delivers 110 new features and fixes. There are some significant improvement s to support Chinese and Japanese languages like Line breaking for Chinese and Japanese documents when rendering to PDF, XPS and printing works according to the language rules and also settings stored in the document.
When you load an HTML document into Aspose.Words and the document contains links to images, then by default, Aspose.Words tries to download those images and embed them into the document. We thought this is the "normal" use case because sometimes image dimensions are not known from HTML, but they are requried for a shape in a Word document, but several customers have requested that provide some options to customize this behavior. Finally Aspose.Words allows you to take control over how images and CSS stylesheets are loaded. You can even completely circumvent where the data comes from. This for example, makes certain "Aspose.Words in the cloud" scenarios easier to implement.
With new Document.Print methods users can now easily print all or only specified pages of a document. Aspose.Words integrates with the Java's printing framework and this means you can customize the print process to your liking. The list of some of the important new and improved features in this release are listed below
· Table public API is improved, specify table formatting on the Table object.
· Apply table style to a table; resize a table using any of the standard AutoFit algorithms available etc.
· Set cell and table widths in points or in percent are now available in the API.
· Chinese and Japanese line-breaking algorithms are honoured during rendering to PDF and others.
· Control how external resources (images and CSS stylesheets) are loaded during HTML import.
· Linked textboxes are no longer become unlinked after open/save.
· Improved Insertion of nested table.
· Cell background disappear issues are resolved after open/save document.
· Remove Assert calls from code examples.
· Make sure DOC files generated by AW pass MS Word 2010 Binary Filter
· Hyperlinks associated with embedded OLE objects are not preserved after processing documents.
· Support SET fields upon updating fields.
· Enhanced RTF to DOCX conversion
· Switching zoom sometimes resets to first page
· Formulas should be imported as calculated values
· Transparent shape issues are resolved while rendering
· SectionBreak inside SDT is ignored upon loading DOCX document
· Support Japanese date formatting switches.
· Support rendering of DrawingML text elements,
· Content in the header/footer should be "washed out" when converting to ODT format.
· Position of frame is corrected after rendering.
· Order of paragraphs is corrected during rendering.
· Table layout issues are resolved after conversion to HTML
· Expose AlternativeText property in DrawingML objects
· Position of text box is incorrect during rendering.
· Crashes issues are resolved while reading a document (.doc)
· This regular monthly release delivers 104 new features and fixes.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How-to: Convert Between Measurement Units?: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-convert-between-measurement-units.html
- How-to: Load and Save a Document to Database? : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-load-and-save-a-document-to-database.html
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/index.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066